- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Pregnancy Chiropractic Care In Poway, CA
Pregnancy is a time when a woman goes through significant physical changes. Shifts in center of gravity, changes in hormones and additional weight can all put stress on a woman's body and psyche. While the changes happening in the body are inevitable, chiropractic care can help women maintain personal comfort and good health during pregnancy. At Community Chiropractic Center in Poway, we help pregnant women through the exciting and stressful months of pregnancy. Using specialized chiropractic care, we can help reduce pressure on the joints, reduce patient pain and stress and help prepare the body for delivery.
Treatments for Pregnant Women
Chiropractic care for pregnant women is safe and natural. Below are some of the most common techniques we use to help women through pregnancy.
- Spinal adjustment. At Community Chiropractic Center, we administer spinal adjustment to pregnant patients to help realign the vertebrae of the spine and reduce pressure on the back. Spinal adjustment is a natural method of relieving pain, eliminating subluxations and promoting patient health. Spinal adjustment improves overall body function by improving the function of the central nervous system.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that we use to soothe aching muscles, improve blood flow, reduce tension in the back and shoulders and reduce stress for their patients. Our massage therapy is safe for pregnant women. Our massage therapists are specially trained to ensure that massage is gentle and safe enough for women at all stages of pregnancy.
- Stretches and exercise. Performing stretches and exercises can strengthen the muscles, improve mobility and prepare the body for labor. Stretches and exercises also help our patients move the baby's body into proper position for delivery when the time comes.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps pregnant women reduce their pain by making smart lifestyle choices. This advice also helps our patients stay healthier and improve their quality of life overall.
- Nutrition counseling. Proper nutrition is very important during pregnancy. Eating right can help reduce inflammation, keep your body healthy and ensure that your baby gets the proper nutrition. Our nutrition counseling services help pregnant patients eat properly throughout pregnancy.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Pregnant women can benefit from chiropractic care in many ways during pregnancy, delivery and beyond. Below are some of the most common benefits of chiropractic care for pregnant women:
- Reduced pain. Pregnancy is a time when the body experiences many aches and pains. Chiropractic care offers women a chance to reduce their pain without the use of medications.
- Better health throughout pregnancy. One of the side effects of pregnancy is reduced immune function, which can make women more vulnerable to illness. Chiropractic care can help the body fend off illnesses and maintain good health throughout the three trimesters.
- Smoother delivery. A skilled pregnancy chiropractor will help get the baby into optimal position for delivery, helping to ensure a smoother delivery. Chiropractors do this by showing their patients proper stretches and exercises that will influence the position of the baby.
- Reduced chances of C-section birth. By positioning the baby properly, your pregnancy chiropractor in Poway will help reduce the chances of a C-section birth.
- Better health after delivery. Chiropractic care doesn't have to end at delivery. Mothers who continue with chiropractic care beyond delivery can enjoy improved health, reduced stress, less pain and better immune function.
Contact Our Poway Chiropractor for Care During Pregnancy
At Community Chiropractic Center in Poway, CA, we help our patients maintain good health throughout pregnancy and after delivery. Whether you're in your first trimester or your third, Community Chiropractic Center in Poway CA uses natural, safe techniques to help women like you! To find out more about how chiropractic care can help you through pregnancy, or to have your first meeting with a chiropractor, contact us today at 858-486-1222 to make an appointment.