By Jane Glenn Haas
MCT News Service
San Diego Union Tribune
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Section E. Pg. 1.
10 brain fitness tips
- Eat dark chocolate: It causes your brain to release dopamine, which improves overall function and memory.
- Eat fish: Especially fatty fish like salmon
- Play ball: Throwing a ball up in the air and catching it, or juggling, improves hand-eye coordination.
- Rest: Get a good night’s sleep.
- Get uncomfortable: Make your hobbies harder by tackling something more difficult than you are used to.
- Walk on a rocky road: Scientists believe adjusting to an uneven surface improves the vestibular system of the inner ear and helps improve balance.
- Go to a museum: Take the guided tour, and when you get home, write an outline and include every detail you remember.
- Exercise your brain: Brain fitness exercises like DriveSharp, crossword puzzles, Sudoku, etc.
- Learn a musical instrument: This exercises many interrelated brain functions.
- Use your other hand: Try this when brushing your teeth.