Trauma to the body (Auto/Accident, Sports Injury, Poor Posture, Falling at Home, repetitive stress, etc…) causes pain and dysfunction within systems of the body. The systems usually most affected are the Skeletal (bones and joints) and Muscular (muscles) systems. Typically, the muscles and joints in the body become misaligned from this trauma. This can happen in the spine, the arms, hands, legs, chest…-anywhere in the body! Any misalignment causes reduced or irregular signals within the nervous system – which causes things such as pain, headaches, feeling tired, poor digestion, achy joints, and more! These are signals that the body is out of proper function, these are also signals calling for Chiropractic care!
It is important to understand that Chiropractic is a health practice, which increases the ability of the nervous system of the body. The nervous system controls every system of the body, every organ, every gland, every tissue, every hormone, every joint, every muscle in the body! When the spine is not fully functioning as it’s designed, it acts as though the body is injured. This ‘injury’ to the spine acts as interference to the nervous system. When the body is injured it is capable of self repair – but only once the interference is removed. If the interference is not removed, the nervous system operates at a lower level. If the nervous system is operating at 40% or 70% or even 90% of it’s capability, sooner or later, parts of the body will begin to degenerate and cause illness. Chiropractic helps any illness that meets this description. Chiropractic removes the interference!
Here’s a partial list of injuries or illnesses that respond very well to Chiropractic care, and which we have experience and had positive results:
- Auto Accident – (trauma repair)
- Neck pain (soreness, pain, inability to turn head)
- Low Back pain (pain, soreness, difficulty walking, running, jumping, maintaining balance, biking, working out)
- Pain between the shoulders (golf, tennis, swimming, long computer or work performance)
- Pain in the Arms and Hands
- Headaches (tension, migraine and cluster)
- Numbing or Tingling in the Arms or Legs
- Chronic Sinus infections
- Feeling Tired (Fibromyalgia)
- High Stress
- Repetitive Stress (Carpal Tunnel)
- Shoulder dysfunction
- Infant Ear Infections
- Poor Posture
- ADD/ADHD (Chiropractic and Nutrition care)
- Whiplash – (caused from an car accident, sports, or accident at work)
It’s a pretty long (and impressive) list! No, Chiropractic cannot cure everything (and remember Chiropractic is the means to allow the body to cure itself from within!). And NO; Chiropractic will not put hair on a bald head! But, if the body is capable of self-repair, then Chiropractic is the best answer! And should certainly be considered before the use of harsh and potentially damaging drugs, or the irreversible effects of surgery!